Marketing and Inbound Sales
ABOUT CIRCULAR MATTERS
We are transforming the world of materials, in collaboration with planet en people. The traditional resin- & polymer-using industry is slow and prefers the status quo, so change has to come from nimble start-ups like us.
We created a 100% bio-circular material. By this we mean that the material can be made entirely from biobased feedstock (the vast majority of which are side streams), and that the material is also completely biodegradable and fully recyclable. We recently opened a production line for panels made from this material, and are now ready to replace us much fossil-based or mined materials as possible.
Circular Matters® is a small startup with a team of three engineers, ready to expand. We’re financed by healthy customer revenues and EU- en Flemish grants.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Circular Matters® is looking for a marketing and inbound sales lead, to build the foundations of our sales and marketing organisation from scratch.
We have done our sales and marketing ourselves so far, without any experience nor large effort, and we have more inbound leads than what we can handle. We are looking for someone who can bring structure in our marketing and inbound sales process, communicate with prospects, and generate revenue.
You will be the first non-engineering person within Circular Matters, with a broad responsibility, from building a brand identity to closing sales deals. We are aware that marketing and sales are two different expertises, so once you know the company from inside out, you will help us hire someone to take over either (a part of) marketing or (a part of) sales from you.
WHY ARE WE LOOKING FOR THIS POSITION NOW?
- We get a lot of inquiries and customer requests, and have only limited amount of time to deal with these. By adding a role to our team we want to handle these request better.
- We have a product of which customers tell us that its better than the product of our competitors, but because we don’t focus on storytelling/marketing we don’t reach all people that could benefit from it.
- The value of our material goes beyond the technical benefits, something we don’t tell good enough. The many benefits of valorisation local sidestreams, the health benefits of no-VOC materials, our collaboration with social employment… you will be responsible to tell that story.
- >1 year of experience in a fast-pace environment
- Resourceful and independent: This is a largely unpaved road, requiring things we haven’t done before. You can take independent decisions and initiatives, and are self-starting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- You don’t mind the hard work, in fact, you want your job to be challenging
- Affinity for high-end materials, interior design or sustainability-communication is a plus
- You want to be part of a fast-growing & ambitious start-up
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Attractive Package: Fair salary and generous benefit package.
- Remote-Friendly: We have two headquarters: a physical one near Brussels (at our production facility) and a virtual HQ online (where we work synchronous remote).
- Learning Opportunities & Empowerment: Hands-on experiences, an experienced sales & marketing coach from outside our company to mentor you, free books and much more.
- Friendly, fun & transparent environment: Join a small team of friendly teammates in a transparent and fun work environment.
- Make an impact. The possibility to see very clearly which change you make in the world.
NOT SURE WHETHER TO APPLY?
You don’t feel like you’re matching 100% of the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! Try to convince us that your profile matches better with the goals we want to achieve.
We are committed to improving the diversity in our team, because we believe a diverse ecosystem is a healthy ecosystem. Let differences enable us to collaborate and drive innovation as we change the world of materials for the better.
Do you want to contribute to tomorrow’s materials? Please send your resume to Pieter Dondeyne: hiring [at] circularmatters.com